Opposite the World Series “Modern Family” and “Cougar Town” Are the Night’s Top 2 Series in Key Adults
- TV’s No. 1 Non-Sports Net on Wednesday, ABC Scores its Highest:
- Adult 18-49 Rating on the Night in 4 Weeks, Opposite the World Series
- “Modern Family” and “Cougar Town” Are the Night’s Top 2 Series in Key Adults
- Opposite the World Series, “Modern Family” Hits its Top Adult 18-49 Number
- In 4 Weeks and Marks Series Highs with Adults 18-34, Key Men, Teens and Kids
Shooting up from its lead-in by 68% in Adults 18-49, ABC’s “Modern Family” beat out its non-sports competitors at 9:00pm to qualify as the No. 1 TV series of the night (3.7/9). The ABC series won its hour, beating the World Series, among key Women: W18-49 (4.2/10) and W25-54 (4.8/11).
“Modern Family” was up week to week in Total Viewers (+6%) Adults 18-49 (+9%), hitting its best young adult number in 4 weeks – since 9/30/09. Although it faced the World Series, the freshman ABC comedy achieved series-high numbers in Adults 18-34, key Men (M18-34/M18-49), Teens 12-17 and Kids 2-11.
“Modern Family” is exhibiting big increases over its first-reported numbers through DVR playback, jumping by 1.2 million viewers and by an additional 7-tenths of an Adult 18-49 rating point from the initially reported Live + Same Day Numbers to the Live + 7 Day DVR finals.
[source: TV By The Numbers]